affordable, safe and non-invasive
Removal & Corrections
Corrections: If you have poorly done permanent makeup, microblading or a small body tattoo you would like lightened, removed or color/shape corrected, please contact us via phone or email to schedule your free consultation. Teryn has been a correction specialist for over 15 years and now has a trained team of artists performing transformative color and shape corrections. We look forward to helping you!
Saline Lightening and Removal: Girlz Ink is the industry leader when it comes to saline tattoo lightening and removal. Teryn is world renown for her technical and product innovation and development in this area of expertise and is consistently booked both nationally and internationally lecturing and teaching other artists her techniques and treatments. She and her team of artists are highly trained, skilled and certified to perform saline tattoo lightening and removal. Please call the studio to schedule your free consultation and let us see what we can do to help you.
Emergency Removal®: Teryn developed the Emergency Removal® technique. Here at Girlz Ink, our team of artists have the skills to prevent a freshly and poorly done eyebrow from healing into the skin. That’s right! If you have had an eyebrow done and call us within 48 hours of having it done…we may be able to lift and pull the pigment out and prevent it from healing. This is a specialized service that requires no needles or trauma to the area. If you have just had a pair of botched brows done, don’t wait! Call us immediately so we can help you.
Li-FT® Saline Lightening Solution: Is a non-chemical, non-acid, high salt based, fruit seed extract saline tattoo lightening solution that is so effective it can lighten a tattoo or permanent makeup procedure and in some cases to the point it is no longer visible. Teryn collaborated with Li Pigments in the manufacturing of the Li-FT® Saline Lightening Solution. Very particular types of natural, clean salts were chosen in specific percentages then combined with lemon and orange seed extract to achieve ultimate lightening and results.
Removal & Corrections Pricing
Pricing for removal/correction starts from $300 depending on the amount of work needed.
Emergency Removal (within 48 hrs.)
Removal Session (already healed, unwanted pigment)
Correction – Quote will be given at the free consultation
SPECIALIST Removal & Corrections TREATMENTS
- We cannot and will not tattoo anyone who is pregnant or nursing.
- Must stop doing lasers and peels for a minimum of 1 month prior to your appointment.
- Must not get any Botox for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Must inform Artist/Front Desk Staff if you have gotten any fillers around the brow area.
- Must not get any facials for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Must not be tanned or sunburned.
- Must be off of Accutane for one full year before getting Permanent Makeup.
- Must inform Artist/Front Desk Staff if you are taking any blood thinner medication.
- Must inform Artist/Front Desk Staff if you are on Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, or Retinoid (Anti-Aging).
- Must inform Artist/Front Desk Staff if your doctor or dentist prescribes you any premedication’s before dental work or invasive procedures.
- Must inform Artist/Front Desk Staff if you have any ongoing medical condition(s) you are being treated for such as Lupus, Cancer, etc.
- Must inform Artist/Front Desk Staff if you have any moles, skin tags, or scarring in the area to be tattooed.
- Eyeliner Removal
- Must remove lash extensions 2 weeks prior to tattooing.
- Must be off any eyelash serums for 6 weeks prior to tattooing.
- Do not wear any scented lotions or perfumes.
- Do not bring anyone under the age of 18 to your appointment.
- To keep you as comfortable as possible, we use a pre-numb as well as a secondary numbing agent.
- Once the procedure begins, the process will take about 1-2 hours to be complete.
- Upon completion of the procedure, our Artists will explain all aftercare, and provide you with an aftercare kit.
- To avoid the 4% Credit/Debit Card processing fee, please bring cash.
- KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing.
- CLEANSE THE AREA 4x a day with saline wash. Dampen a paper towel or cotton round with saline wash and blot the area 4x a day. Make sure you wash your hands directly before cleansing the area.
- DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal, but keep the area out of the show spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes. It is best to keep it dry but if you do get it wet, gently pat dry.
- NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TUBS, TANNING, OR EXERCISE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process. (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off, you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring. It is critical to keep the scabs on as long as possible to achieve optimum results.
- TREAT AREA WITH TLC. Do not do anything at all that could cause issues or problems to the treated area.
- ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop of Li-FT® Heal Care Oil 3 to 4 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying Li-FT® Heal Care Oil until all scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off. (If you do not have Li-FT® Heal Care Oil, Vitamin E oil can be used as a substitute.
- Absolutely NO pet grooming, gardening, dusting, or anything that causes dust, dirt and dander for a minimum of 72 hours. Waiting 5 full days is best. Wearing glasses outdoors is a good way to protect healing eyeliner. NO EXERCISING FOR 10 DAYS…NO EXCEPTIONS. DO NOT DO ANY ACTIVITY THAT CAUSES SWEAT IN THE AREA OF THE PROCEDURE OR YOUR FACE TO HEAT UP AND TURN RED. ABSOLUTLY NO LAKE ACTIVITIES. DO NOT GO TO THE LAKE OR BEACH. NO HORSEBACK RIDING, NO CAMPING OR RIDING ATVS. NO NOTHING OF THIS SORT. DON’T’ DO IT! STAY OUT OF THE SUN! KEEP IT PROTECTED AND KEEP IT CLEAN! TLC FOR YOUR NEW PROCEDURE.
- During your healing process DO NOT expose your new procedures to chemicals, hot tubs, saunas, direct shower spray, hot water, salt water, chlorinated pools, lakes, or ponds. Direct sun exposure and tanning beds should be avoided indefinitely….both are counter-productive to the cosmetic procedure.
- Absolutely NO topical makeup on the healing procedure(s) for a minimum of 5 days. Topical makeup is bacterial and your new procedures(s) need adequate time to heal to avoid irritation and/or infection. You may apply your makeup around the new procedure area but avoid applying ON the healing areas.
- No tweezing or waxing the eyebrows for 10 full days. NO FACIAL, PEELS OR ANY OF THAT FACE STUFF FOR TWO FULL WEEKS!
- Some tenderness, puffiness (even bruising), redness, and itching is quite normal for the tattoo healing process. DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area as this could result in your color healing uneven, as well as the risk of scarring and infection.
- It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 8 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions
- Lightening unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a saline lightening product or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be lightened for the desired result. In many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened and then we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option and lightening as much of the pigment as possible will be our ultimate goal.
- Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
Permanent makeup is cosmetic tattooing which is a very specialized form of tattooing. There are many fancy marketing terms out there like “micro-pigmentation” for instance, it is still the technique of tattooing. It is the art and science of implanting pigment through the epidermal layer of the skin into the upper dermal layer of the skin. The epidermis is the outer layer of skin that is visible to all of us and is constantly shedding and renewing itself. Because we implant pigment through the epidermis and into the upper dermal layer, the color we have chosen for you will appear about 15 to 20% darker than what the healed and final result will be. When the color in the epidermis sheds you will see a lighter, softer version of the pigment through a thin veil of healed epidermal skin…this takes about 7 days. So be prepared…your procedure will look darker than you requested at first…then heal into the softer, lighter color you want.
Microblading is a part of the Permanent Makeup industry. Microblading is the art of tattooing eyebrows by re-creating realistic hair strokes using a hand-held manual tool rather than a machine. It is still considered tattooing due to the fact pigment is being implanted through the epidermis and into the upper dermal layer. Realistic hair strokes can also be created equally as natural and beautiful with a machine…some call it machine microblading or nano strokes.
When a skilled and talented artist does a hair stroke eyebrow using a machine or with the microblading manual tool…you cannot tell the difference as they both heal into beautiful, realistic hair strokes for the client. The two clear differences between machine hair strokes and microblading hairstrokes, other than the device being used, is that the machine method does not cause as much trauma to the skin, and hair strokes done with the machine method will last longer.
No, it is not semi-permanent. Some people will market permanent makeup or microblading as semi-permanent due to the fact it will fade in time. Body tattoos will also fade in time and yet they are not marketed as semi-permanent. Although permanent makeup, microblading and body tattoos will fade in time, it is there permanently until it decides to fade in its own unique time frame, and that length of time is different for everyone.
Once your procedure heals, there is no magically erasing it or removing it. As with regular tattoos, it can be lightened with saline or laser tattoo removal which can be a timely and costly procedure all in itself. So, it is permanent until it either naturally fades over time or you seek some form of lightening/removal procedure.
Yes. If your permanent makeup artist is highly trained, following all proper guidelines and sets high standards for themselves and their studio, then permanent makeup is safe. It is your responsibility to do your homework and ask questions. Below is just a few of the high standards practiced at the Girlz Ink Studio.
- The same strict sanitation and sterilization guidelines followed by doctors and hospitals are followed by all artists at the Girlz Ink Studio. We are in accordance with the Southern Nevada Health Department as well as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and OSHA. Sterility and cleanliness are our highest priorities…and performing beautiful work of course.
- All Girlz Ink Artists must take an industry regulated Blood Borne Pathogens course every two years.
- Brand new, single use, high quality sterile needles are used for each client and are properly disposed of after that client’s procedure in a regulation Sharps Container.
- All machine parts are one time use and disposable after each client procedure.
- Brand-new, high-quality nitrile gloves are new for each client and changed out during the procedure as needed.
- A new plastic bed sheet is used for each client that is properly disposed of after each client procedure.
- A brand new disposable apron is worn by all Girlz Ink Artists and disposed of after each client procedure.
- All appropriate areas in the room are cleaned with a hospital-level disinfectant after each client.
- Girlz Ink uses only high quality tools, pigments and products and practice the highest standard of sterility and cleanliness keeping both the artist and the client safe.
The possibility that you would have any allergies, reactions, or complications from these procedures, pigments or any products used during your procedure is extremely rare, especially with today’s health standard. It is important to follow all aftercare instructions provided by your Girlz Ink Artist to keep any of the risks mentioned at a minimum or non-existent.
Yes. All artists at the Girlz Ink Studio are either a licensed Tattoo/Permanent Makeup Artist with the Southern Nevada Health Department (SNHD) or they are a part of our Apprenticeship program in accordance with the SNHD. The Girlz Ink Studio is subject to unannounced inspections by SNHD health inspectors and take great pride letting you know that we have received an “A” on every single inspection dating back to the inception of Girlz Ink in 2001.
In most cases, discomfort is minimal and tolerable. Here at the Girlz Ink Studio we use only the best and the strongest anesthetics allowed to us. They are specifically formulated for permanent makeup and they are safe. With the combination of the pre-numb along with the secondary anesthetic, discomfort for most is very minimal. With that said, there are some people who have hyper-sensitive skin, have a very low pain tolerance or do not anesthetize well and those clients may feel more discomfort than the average person.
The time a procedure will take can vary from artist to artist as we all work a little bit differently. Generally speaking, eyebrows will take two to three hours. Eyeliner, depending on the style and thickness, will take two to three hours. Lips depending on the style will take two to three hours. Keep in mind these times quotes include client/artist discussions, the designing and drawing, the twenty-minute numbing time in addition to actually performing the procedure.
No, not at all. Hair makes our work look dimensional and more natural. Another fact to point out is that performing permanent makeup does not make your eyebrow hair or eyelashes fall out.
It will appear visually healed in about seven days. Although it will appear visually healed in seven days, it will take an additional 4 to 6 weeks to be considered fully healed. This is why we wait a minimum of six weeks before doing any touch up appointments.
Yes, most clients can. Even those that may get some swelling and bruising can drive themselves home just fine. The exception would be if you take any medication before the procedure that can affect your driving…in that case, please arrange for a driver.
Day 4 – The peeling begins. The dark, outer color will start peeling off, revealing the softer, lighter color. Keep the brows moist but don’t overdo it.
Day 5-8 – The dark, outer color finishes peeling off. The color is lighter and softer, and the brows themselves are a little thinner. The color may have a grayish or ashy tone for a few days until the color clarifies. It could appear that you are missing color and have light areas at this time due to layers of dry skin over the new pigment. Give your eyebrows 3 full weeks to heal and for the color to fully bloom. Use ointment no longer than 10 days.
Absolutely NO pet grooming, gardening, dusting, or anything that causes dust, dirt and dander for a minimum of 72 hours. Waiting 5 full days is best. Wearing glasses outdoors is a good way to protect healing eyeliner. NO EXERCISING FOR 10 DAYS…NO EXCEPTIONS. DO NOT DO ANY ACTIVITY THAT CAUSES SWEAT IN THE AREA OF THE PROCEDURE OR YOUR FACE TO HEAT UP AND TURN RED. ABSOLUTLY NO LAKE ACTIVITIES. DO NOT GO TO THE LAKE OR BEACH. NO HORSEBACK RIDING, NO CAMPING OR RIDING ATVS. NO NOTHING OF THIS SORT. DON’T’ DO IT! STAY OUT OF THE SUN! KEEP IT PROTECTED AND KEEP IT CLEAN! TLC FOR YOUR NEW PROCEDURE.
During your healing process DO NOT expose your new procedures to chemicals, hot tubs, saunas, direct shower spray, hot water, salt water, chlorinated pools, lakes, or ponds. Direct sun exposure and tanning beds should be avoided indefinitely….both are counter-productive to the cosmetic procedure.
Absolutely NO topical makeup on the healing procedure(s) for a minimum of 5 days. Topical makeup is bacterial and your new procedures(s) need adequate time to heal to avoid irritation and/or infection. You may apply your makeup around the new procedure area but avoid applying ON the healing areas.
No tweezing or waxing the eyebrows for 10 full days. NO FACIAL, PEELS OR ANY OF THAT FACE STUFF FOR TWO FULL WEEKS!
Some tenderness, puffiness (even bruising), redness, and itching is quite normal for the tattoo healing process. DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area as this could result in your color healing uneven, as well as the risk of scarring and infection.
Lastly….relax. Don’t worry about a thing. It’s just a tattoo that will lighten, soften and heal in a matter of days. Do exactly as I have advised you to do OR not to do and all heals well. Complications are extremely rare.
How long your permanent makeup procedure lasts will depend on several different factors. It can last years for some people, while others will need to refresh their color annually. Although some clients will need to refresh their color annually, it is our experience that for most it will last much longer than that.
All permanent makeup, microblading and body tattoos will fade due to the exfoliation process which is the process of the epidermis continually shedding and regenerating itself. Permanent makeup will last longer for some and not as long for others due most importantly to lifestyle, health, and skin type. Some contributing factors that will accelerate fading are: sun exposure, using products that promote cell regeneration (Retin-A, Renova, Glycolics and Alpha Hydroxy Acids), extra oily skin which regenerates more rapidly, unhealthy skin, medications, and smoking.
There are a few reasons why permanent makeup typically will not last as long as a body tattoo. One reason is due to the type of pigment colors we use for permanent makeup. If we were to use those bright, vivid colors used in body tattoos, that would help with longevity. But we want our eyebrows to look soft and natural so we use pigments in shades of soft blondes, browns and taupe. Those more natural shades tend to fade faster than the bright, vivid colors. Sometimes a client will choose a brighter, more vivid color for their lip procedure and in that case…that color could last years and years.
The second reason is that we generally are not packing in a ton of solid color so it ends up looking like a sticker. It’s our goal to mimic the look of topical makeup and in order to do that we are careful with our color saturation. We don’t want our work to look like a tattoo…unless that’s what the client requests and once in a while we do get that request.
The third reason is we are tattooing the face and facial skin is way different than body skin. Facial skin is thinner, more vascular, its oilier and it has more pores. All these aspects particular to facial skin contribute to pigment fading faster. And consider this…our face, hence permanent makeup is exposed to all the elements, where body tattoos are often covered by clothing.
The cost of permanent makeup varies throughout the industry from very low all the way to very expensive. Here at the Girlz Ink Studio it was important to us that we set our prices fair and that they reflect the skill and talent of our artists. Please refer to our price list here
A touch-up is an appointment that is needed by some to complete the procedure process and end up with the desired finished result. The touch-up appointment is a fine-tuning session to make any adjustments that may be needed or desired to the shape, fullness, and color, and to go over any areas that may not have taken color well the first time.
Some clients will need a touch up and some clients will not. We cannot predict who will need one and who will not. It will take four weeks of healing to determine if a client needs a touch up due to some of the color not healing in and showing visible light spots. If all your color healed in, but you want to go darker or thicker than that would require a touch up. If all your color healed in nicely, you do not want to go darker or thicker…you are happy with the healed result…you would not need a touch up.
No, touch ups are not included in the initial price. The Girlz Ink Studio is a “pay as you go” studio. Not everyone needs a touch up so we do not include it in our initial pricing. Touch up fees are charged separately as needed. Touch ups are to be done 6 to 12 weeks after the initial procedure date in order to receive “touch up pricing”.
If you have made the decision to have permanent makeup done, then you will need periodic maintenance appointments to keep your eyebrows, eyeliner and lips looking fantastic. This is called a “Color Refresh”. A color refresh appointment is needed every 1-5 years after the completion of the initial procedure and/or any touch-up appointment(s) that may have been needed to complete the initial procedure. Some clients do require an annual Color Refresh with the majority of clients requiring one every two to three years. We have our Color Refresh fees listed here
Everyone and anyone who can identify with one any one of the following:
- Poor vision or just can’t see well to apply your makeup anymore.
- Allergies to topical makeup or skin sensitivities.
- People who wear contact lenses.
- An unsteady hand or poor motor skills due to Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, or stroke survivors.
- Loss of hair due to thinning or scars.
- People with busy lifestyles and hectic work schedules who want to look their best all day long without having to stop, check, and reapply their makeup due to smudging or smearing. Those of you whom after a busy day want to look great for your evening without having to do a darn thing.
- People who enjoy activities like working out at the gym, yoga, swimming, boating, hiking, biking, tennis, camping, etc., that are concerned with their eyebrows or makeup coming off. Some people even avoid activities such as these because of that concern. Through permanent makeup, we can give you the personal freedom you need to go do the activities you enjoy and look great doing it.
- People who have albinism. We have worked on many clients with this condition and the difference color and definition can make with permanent makeup is remarkable.
- People suffering from Trichotillomania. We have found this disorder to be prevalent mostly in young to middle-aged women. To those of you who struggle with this disorder, we can help you.
- Women who have had reconstructive breast surgery and now want their nipple and areolas tattooed back on. We do 3D Areola tattooing…we give the illusion of protrusion.
Permanent makeup can help many different people on many different levels or it can simply give you a few extra minutes in the morning (for some of you…many extra minutes in the morning). For some clients it’s life changing, while for others it’s a luxury and a matter of convenience. No matter what your reason for choosing permanent makeup…we will make sure it is one of the best decisions you have ever made for yourself.
Yes, we do corrective work and, in most cases, we can help you. Unfortunately, 40% of all our work is corrective work…turning bad work into good work. This is why it is so important to choose a talented, skilled, and experienced artist. The Girlz Ink Studio has an industry wide reputation of performing some of the most compelling and transformative corrections. If you have had permanent makeup or microblading done that you are dissatisfied with, please call or email the studio for a free consultation.
Yes, we do saline pigment lightening here at the Girlz Ink Studio. The owner of Girlz Ink®, Teryn Darling is globally recognized and respected as the industry’s leader in this field. Along with thousands of artists all over the world, she has trained all the Girlz Ink Artists to be just as skilled and capable. If you have botched eyebrows, eyeliners, microblading, lips and small body tattoos…we can lighten them. We can often times lighten areas to the point it is no longer visible. Please refer to our price list
Don’t worry we can help. Teryn Darling invented and developed the technique Emergency Removal®. Emergency Removal® can lift and lighten a freshly done pair of eyebrows before the pigment heals in the skin. It is of the utmost importance you get to us within 48 hours of the time you had the eyebrows done…the sooner the better. Emergency Removal® is saving faces. If you have had eyebrows tattooed in the last 48 hours and you don’t like them…call us…we can help.
If there is any questions you did not find the answer to here, please feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email, we are happy to talk with you.